|Work Email: email@example.comINTERNET|
|Work Phone: 602-744-5748work Work Fax: (602) 254-8670workfax|
Download e-book "The Silent Threat to Ministries"
Robert Erven Brown, joined the firm as a Member in 2011. Bob focuses on real estate and commercial transactions with a strong emphasis on medical real estate and nonprofit entities including churches and Christian schools. Working closely with nonprofits, Bob helps them manage key operational risks related to their assets, real estate, and campuses. He counsels boards and leadership teams on campus development and construction, entity planning services, and real estate.
Campus Preservation Planning© - Through extensive involvement in the nonprofit sector, Bob developed a unique and comprehensive Campus Preservation Planning© program to protect critical assets of faith-based ministries and secular charities against uninsurable, under-insured, and uninsured unjust claims while simultaneously improving overall risk management and stewardship performance. This program has been successfully implemented across the country.
Beginning with a critical Medicare Cost Appeal in the 1970s, Bob was strategically involved in the evolution of legal and real estate support systems of the hospital holding company for some of the premier retirement communities in the southwestern United States. He assisted in designing innovative joint ventures, prepaid ground leases, a for-profit ancillary company, assisted living facilities, and documented the development and supported the on-going operation, of life care projects.
PRACTICE AREAS / AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Non- Profit Organizations
- Corporate and Transactions
- Educational Institutions
- Public Sector
- Real Estate and Construction
- Development, Financing and Management of Assisted Living Communities and Medical Office Buildings
EDUCATION / HONORS
- Yale College, B.S.
- University of Wyoming Law School, J.D.
- Certified Specialist in Real Estate Law – State Bar of Arizona
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- Created: Campus Preservation Planning© Program
- Co-Presenter: How to Respond to Requests to Inspect or Copy Your Church’s Corporate Records and Other Confidential Information (National Association of Church Business Administration, Phx Chapter Meeting, February, 2011
- Co-Presenter: How to Set up a New Ministry – Practical Tips for Selecting a Legal Format for Your New (or Old) Nonprofit Ministry (National Association of Church Business Administration, Phx Chapter Meeting, November, 2011)
- Co-Presenter: Annual Church and Ministry Seminar Legal Nonprofit Update 2001-2011
- Arizona Private Education Scholarship Fund – Trustee
- City of Phoenix Police Department – Use of Force and Disciplinary Review Board
- Phoenix Seminary – Legal Advisor to Board of Directors; Adjunct Professor
- Solid Rock Foundation – Founding Board of Directors
- The Streetlight Project – Legal Advisor to Board of Directors
- Christian Education Legacy Fund – Legal Advisor to the Board of Directors; Former Trustee
- Paradise Valley Community Church – Former Stewardship Committee
- Scottsdale Christian Academy – Legal Advisor to Board of Directors; Former Board of Directors
- Arizona State Bar Foundation – Fellow
- Arizona State Bar – Moderator, Professionalism Course
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona